My side of the world and story

Sponsored By
Contributors
Below are readers who have donated to me as a thank you token. If you feel that my post are worth reading, please donate to me at any amount. Thank you.
  • Markp-R
  • Kathy M
  • Russell Gumns
  • Sazali Hassan
  • Evil Monkey
  • Link to me

    Book i read.
    Stats
    Friday, May 05, 2006
    Double search box; our second nature?
    I've found that most website are starting to add two search-box in their site. This is to make sure users can search anything easily without scrolling up or down.

    One search-box on top of the page and the other is at the bottom of the page. Look at Google for example, by providing double search box, searching with Google is faster.

    What does this means? It means everything to Adsense publishers. I must explain about it more (if you're not an Adsense publisher) to make my point clear. Everytime visitors (who used your search box from your site or blog) search for something and click on the results, the Adsense publisher will make some money.

    Back to the question above. I'm seeing a new trend of placing double search box in several sites and as an Adsense publishers, we can use this "second-nature" of ours to gain some profit interest.

    The bad news is, we can't add more Adsense search box. We can put other search box from other company, which is against Adsense policy. Now we are left behind a new trend of web design.

    Our "second nature" we picked up in the internet is Google. What ever Google released, we will follow. Simple as that. When will Adsense allow us (publishers) to use more search box? Beware, over doing it will make your site looks like spammy site.
    posted by Jamloceng @ 10:38 AM  
    About Me
    Author: About me
    Contact: me
    FeedBurner:
    Add to: Yahoo
    Subcribe to: Newsgator
    Subcribe to: Rojo
    My: NewsBurst
    Disclaimer: Creative Commons
    Previous Post
    Archives
    Links
    As seen on


    SOB