My side of the world and story

Sponsored By
Contributors
Below are readers who have donated to me as a thank you token. If you feel that my post are worth reading, please donate to me at any amount. Thank you.
  • Markp-R
  • Kathy M
  • Russell Gumns
  • Sazali Hassan
  • Evil Monkey
  • Link to me

    Book i read.
    Stats
    Tuesday, May 02, 2006
    Description half-spam from YouTube.
    Lately i'm seeing a half-spam from YouTube. Okay, not from YouTube directly but from the uploaders. I'm not sure if i'm on the right track but YouTube is not a blog!

    Just for example ( i have nothing against the uploader ), try clicking this link about Bloodhound Gang. I know some people just need extra info about the video but writting down every single details will spoil the fun right?

    For some uploaders, they want to promote their website or blog to the mass and that's fine with me. I love reading or viewing new stuff but throwing a whole bunch of words in the description column is shoo'ing your viewers. I don't know if this is for feeding the search engine or not and i don't know YouTube stand is regarding this matter.

    Maybe, just maybe YouTube already set their Robot.txt to disable search engine crawlers from feeding the description but what if YouTube forget to do so?

    Will the crawlers feed on the keywords? If yes, another door just opened to the black hat SEO and they will do anything to make big money from people.

    Again, search for the hypnosis from YouTube and you can see pretty heavy load of long descriptions.

    Maybe YouTube should put a limit sign in the description. Any idea?
    posted by Jamloceng @ 5:03 PM  
    About Me
    Author: About me
    Contact: me
    FeedBurner:
    Add to: Yahoo
    Subcribe to: Newsgator
    Subcribe to: Rojo
    My: NewsBurst
    Disclaimer: Creative Commons
    Previous Post
    Archives
    Links
    As seen on


    SOB