My side of the world and story

Sponsored By
Contributors
Below are readers who have donated to me as a thank you token. If you feel that my post are worth reading, please donate to me at any amount. Thank you.
  • Markp-R
  • Kathy M
  • Russell Gumns
  • Sazali Hassan
  • Evil Monkey
  • Link to me

    Book i read.
    Stats
    Monday, April 24, 2006
    XP windows ultimate tips to make it faster.
    Jon Watson will show you how to make XP runs faster. Below is the video for you who are struggling to get your XP to work twice as fast as GNU/Linux. Watch the video first and then read my 2 cents.



    Running an OS on top of another OS is nothing new to hardcore users. Just emu ( emulates ) the OS you want to run and wallaa, another OS on top of your existing OS. Confussing eh?

    Wine or Line are emulator for GNU/Linux, BSD and Windows. Now the big story before running any emus.

    You need huge RAM and processor. Running dual OS will eats up your RAM right to the bone. Make sure your hardware support GNU/Linux and XP. If not, you'll end up with a frozen pc doing nothing for you. Another great emu is coLinux ( it should be GNU/Linux according to Richard Stallman ).

    Running emu within GNU/Linux ( vice versa ) going to take alot of swap files. Make sure your hard drive is no longer from the 90's ( less than 1GB ) and running at 7200 per spin.

    I was hoping Jon whould use the "format C:/" tips, that would be funny. Well, everybody have their own favourite OS but it's not going to hurt trying a new OS such as GNU/Linux ( Ubuntu, Mandrake, Debian, Fedora etc ).
    posted by Jamloceng @ 1:07 PM  
    About Me
    Author: About me
    Contact: me
    FeedBurner:
    Add to: Yahoo
    Subcribe to: Newsgator
    Subcribe to: Rojo
    My: NewsBurst
    Disclaimer: Creative Commons
    Previous Post
    Archives
    Links
    As seen on


    SOB