My side of the world and story

Sponsored By
Contributors
Below are readers who have donated to me as a thank you token. If you feel that my post are worth reading, please donate to me at any amount. Thank you.
  • Markp-R
  • Kathy M
  • Russell Gumns
  • Sazali Hassan
  • Evil Monkey
  • Link to me

    Book i read.
    Stats
    Monday, April 24, 2006
    MACH and FreeBSD are incompetent idiots--said Linux founder.
    "I claim that Mach people (and apparently FreeBSD) are incompetent idiots. Playing games with VM is bad. memory copies are _also_ bad, but quite frankly, memory copies often have _less_ downside than VM games, and bigger caches will only continue to drive that point home." - via KernelTrap.


    This is not the first time Linus on fire. Several years ago, MACH was "insane" according to Linus when MACH approach ( filesystem and VM ) leads to managing multiversion pages.

    Talk about GNU/Linux, i'm downloading DesktopBSD and fork version of FreeBSD. I friend of mine told me to try it and this is my first attempt to try DesktopBSD, so i'm not taking out my party-hat yet.

    From the reviews, DesktopBSD seems to be on the right track ( exclude the VM issues ) to make BSD more simple and interesting for non Unix, GNU/Linux users. But if you don't to mess around with your hard drive, use Freesbie Live-CD first. It'll run BSD on CD.

    Update: DesktopBSd is not a fork version of FreeBSD- via FAQ.

    Click here to watch a video about installing FreeBSD.
    posted by Jamloceng @ 1:30 PM  
    About Me
    Author: About me
    Contact: me
    FeedBurner:
    Add to: Yahoo
    Subcribe to: Newsgator
    Subcribe to: Rojo
    My: NewsBurst
    Disclaimer: Creative Commons
    Previous Post
    Archives
    Links
    As seen on


    SOB