My side of the world and story

Sponsored By
Contributors
Below are readers who have donated to me as a thank you token. If you feel that my post are worth reading, please donate to me at any amount. Thank you.
  • Markp-R
  • Kathy M
  • Russell Gumns
  • Sazali Hassan
  • Evil Monkey
  • Link to me

    Book i read.
    Stats
    Friday, March 03, 2006
    My computer said 'Requires Windows XP or better'. So I installed LINUX.
    Need i say more? I don't think i have to say anything about it but i'll tell you about it as a geek. Hehehe...no, i'm not a geek i'm just Jamloceng. I tried a software for HTML editing and a MsgBox ( message box ) said that i need to install XP or better. I'm using Win98 SE because i want to save my RAM from loading those "do-i-really-need-that" GUI of XP.




    So i use WINE to emulate it on a Debian machine. Works fine but with hickups here and there but this is better then running something that is hungry for resources. Why must certain software forces users to use certain module of OS's? Why can i run software that was made for XP on Win98? I don't think it's about the language or new implementation of coding from Microsoft. If you're using Delphi, VB, VC or any language, it should be ok to run on any version of Windows.

    A secret "i'll-scratch-your-back" agreement maybe? I have no idea. Software should give users more freedom. Don't force us to upgrade our OS or hardware. Let that option as an option but not as compulsory. Oh well, now the software running ( emulated ) on Debian, i'm happy with it and guess what, i'm using the same computer with the same hardware. Man, give me a break.
    posted by Jamloceng @ 12:41 PM  
    About Me
    Author: About me
    Contact: me
    FeedBurner:
    Add to: Yahoo
    Subcribe to: Newsgator
    Subcribe to: Rojo
    My: NewsBurst
    Disclaimer: Creative Commons
    Previous Post
    Archives
    Links
    As seen on


    SOB