My side of the world and story

Sponsored By
Contributors
Below are readers who have donated to me as a thank you token. If you feel that my post are worth reading, please donate to me at any amount. Thank you.
  • Markp-R
  • Kathy M
  • Russell Gumns
  • Sazali Hassan
  • Evil Monkey
  • Link to me

    Book i read.
    Stats
    Monday, February 06, 2006
    Shifting to Open Source Word processing.
    You use MS Words alot? You paid for it? Yehaa..another freebies from Jamloceng. Today, let me introduce you to 3 great alternative to MS Words.

    OpenOffice is great replacement for your MS Office suits. It have "all-in-one" just like MS Office but it's open source. You can run OpenOffice on your MacOs X with no problem. Linux,FreeBSD, Windows are supported by OpenOffice so it should be no problem running it with deifferent Os's.

    StarOffice is from Sun and it's kind of weird in term of interface. Less advace compared to OpenOffice but still nice to work with. Using low level requirements, StarOffice is nice for old computer.

    AbiWord is another nice word processing program that can be run on several Os's such as Windows, MacOS, Linux, FreeBSD and other *nix flavoured OS. They have stop their version of AbiWord for BeOS tho.

    Have fun replacing your existing word precessor.
    posted by Jamloceng @ 11:13 AM  
    About Me
    Author: About me
    Contact: me
    FeedBurner:
    Add to: Yahoo
    Subcribe to: Newsgator
    Subcribe to: Rojo
    My: NewsBurst
    Disclaimer: Creative Commons
    Previous Post
    Archives
    Links
    As seen on


    SOB