My side of the world and story

Sponsored By
Contributors
Below are readers who have donated to me as a thank you token. If you feel that my post are worth reading, please donate to me at any amount. Thank you.
  • Markp-R
  • Kathy M
  • Russell Gumns
  • Sazali Hassan
  • Evil Monkey
  • Link to me

    Book i read.
    Stats
    Tuesday, February 28, 2006
    Jason Kottke waving the white flag.
    Jason Kottke is a blogger that decided to make a full time living from blog and he just waved his white flag said News.com.

    Jason Kottke, a Web designer who quit his job to run his blog full time, has abandoned his plan to make a living through blogging after exactly one year.Kottke announced on Wednesday that he is no longer seeking payments from people who enjoy his blog, Kottke.org. He said he hasn't managed to attract enough readers or developed "a sufficient cult of personality" to support the subscription model.

    He also explained that he wasn't able to keep providing the time and energy needed to make his blog successful enough. "My (unstated) intention from the beginning was to approach the site as a start-up, but along the way, life intervened (in a good way), and I couldn't focus on it as much as I wanted to. The site became a normal job, a 9-to-5 affair, which meant that I could keep up with it, but growth was hard to come by," Kottke wrote. - via News.com


    I have no idea what will be his next step for his future and his blog. But i hope he can find some time to blog as usual. His method of making a living was by using donation from readers. He raised a total of $39,900 from his blog readers and decided to work on the full time blogger on Feb.22 2005.

    Reading his statement, "....hasn't managed to attract enough readers or developed "a sufficient cult of personality" to support the subscription model." made me realize that even blogging need hard work. Jason, as we refer as among the first riding the first wave of blog, made it clear that you need to blog like it is your full time job. It took hard work and plentty of time. To Jason, all the best to you in the near future.
    posted by Jamloceng @ 5:42 PM  
    About Me
    Author: About me
    Contact: me
    FeedBurner:
    Add to: Yahoo
    Subcribe to: Newsgator
    Subcribe to: Rojo
    My: NewsBurst
    Disclaimer: Creative Commons
    Previous Post
    Archives
    Links
    As seen on


    SOB