My side of the world and story

Sponsored By
Contributors
Below are readers who have donated to me as a thank you token. If you feel that my post are worth reading, please donate to me at any amount. Thank you.
  • Markp-R
  • Kathy M
  • Russell Gumns
  • Sazali Hassan
  • Evil Monkey
  • Link to me

    Book i read.
    Stats
    Friday, February 03, 2006
    Google+Ubuntu=Goobuntu?
    This is the biggest romours about Google making their own OS and guess what, it turn out to be almost true. Based on Debian and Gnome core, Google might possible to take on Microsoft in its core bussiness-desktop software.

    I've talked about Ubuntu several times and now Google also picking up Ubuntu as the core for their OS. Heck they even registered Goobuntu.com on 31st Jan 2006. I have no idea if this domain was registered by Google or not. Looking at the snapshot, they might want to change the GUI a bit more. They GUI looks like was made by a newbies and not like the original Ubuntu compiled GUI.




    What to expect from Goobuntu? In my opinion, not much just more "Google-tied" to it. For a desktop, i'm sure Google will not dig into turning Goobuntu into a server OS. Chris Dibona, the Head of Open Source clearly said that Google only main focus is search only.

    Another thing that bothers me is, will we be safe using Goobuntu? The reason i highlight this issue is, after Bush adminstation asked Google to hand over to them searched data. Can Google wins it? We just need to pray Google wins this case to protect users.

    If Google is looking for a beta-tester, maybe i can be one of them. Why? Because Malaysia is full of Linux users. Ok, full of newbies but hey, we need to start somewhere right?
    posted by Jamloceng @ 11:20 AM  
    About Me
    Author: About me
    Contact: me
    FeedBurner:
    Add to: Yahoo
    Subcribe to: Newsgator
    Subcribe to: Rojo
    My: NewsBurst
    Disclaimer: Creative Commons
    Previous Post
    Archives
    Links
    As seen on


    SOB