My side of the world and story

Sponsored By
Contributors
Below are readers who have donated to me as a thank you token. If you feel that my post are worth reading, please donate to me at any amount. Thank you.
  • Markp-R
  • Kathy M
  • Russell Gumns
  • Sazali Hassan
  • Evil Monkey
  • Link to me

    Book i read.
    Stats
    Friday, February 03, 2006
    China ban for Memoirs of a Geisha.
    Chinese actresses Ziyi Zhang and Gong Li in leading roles as Japanese women has caused controversy in China. This new controversy is about political view between China and Japan from their past history.




    The film based on Arthur Golden's 1997 novel is hitting the world like storm. Because of the ban, China movie-goers will not going to see the movie just like Brokeback Mountain. We must respect the Chineness adminstration because they can manage their country using their own way. But still, they can watch the movie from pirated DVD made within the country. Yes, China is one of the biggest DVD pirated distributors in the world.

    Wait a minute...Michelle Yeoh is chinese right? Why only Ziyi Zhang and Gong Li in the list? Well, Michelle Yeoh was born in Malaysia. Yes, you read it right, she was born in Malaysia. I do hope Michelle Yeoh can mention more about Malaysia tho. Oh well, for a person just about to get married to Ferrari F1 manager, i wish her all the best. So what is Memoirs of a Geisha have installed for us?

    Set in a mysterious and exotic world which still casts a potent spell today, the story begins in the years before World War 2, when a Japanese child is torn from her penniless family to work as a servant in a geisha house. Despite a treacherous rival who nearly breaks her spirit, the girl blossoms into the legendary geisha Sayuri. - via Sony Pictures.


    I'm looking forward to watch this movie with my wife and my daughter soon. But from the trailer, it's hard to understand the dialog because the actresses spoke in "Chinese-sounded-Japanese-English". I hope that will not ruin my mood once i sat in the cinema.
    posted by Jamloceng @ 1:20 PM  
    About Me
    Author: About me
    Contact: me
    FeedBurner:
    Add to: Yahoo
    Subcribe to: Newsgator
    Subcribe to: Rojo
    My: NewsBurst
    Disclaimer: Creative Commons
    Previous Post
    Archives
    Links
    As seen on


    SOB