My side of the world and story

Sponsored By
Contributors
Below are readers who have donated to me as a thank you token. If you feel that my post are worth reading, please donate to me at any amount. Thank you.
  • Markp-R
  • Kathy M
  • Russell Gumns
  • Sazali Hassan
  • Evil Monkey
  • Link to me

    Book i read.
    Stats
    Friday, January 20, 2006
    Too many chef will spoil the brought.
    I must agree with the title but what is it all about? Firstly, i don't know why i wrote so many article about Linux lately so please bear with me. Yeaa...another Linux article folks. This is not about me this post is about an email from a reader of mine.

    Hello Jamloceng,
    I just love reading your blog and my wife loves it too. I just want to say something about Linux if you don't mind. I'm a Windows users since their 3.1 version and i just love it. After several search i found out that Linux comes in varies of distro. What was that all about? What makes "A" different from "B" Linux? I never took the jump before but after reading your article about Linux for Tsunami, i decided to try Linux but which one? All i can see i a huge STOP sign everytime i place the Linux CD.


    I don't know who was the writer but here's my view about Linux. I'm sure you heard no such thing as "One size fits all" right and same goes for Linux. Depending on what feature you want can help you in picking the right Linux distro. For a normal usage, you can use Ubuntu or Fedora but if you want something more advance, SuSE,Slackware or Debian is the right choice for you.

    I can understand the worry about installing Linux and how Linux was made for "hardcore" users but nowdays, Linux is getting smarter and simpler. I normally get "Linux is for hackers and server owners" all the time. To be on the safe side, use Linux LiveCD first to get the feel of it.

    I do agree with the email about too many Linux distro. This will scare away new users but if we look on the positive side, we have wide range of choices. Happy installing folks.
    posted by Jamloceng @ 5:25 PM  
    About Me
    Author: About me
    Contact: me
    FeedBurner:
    Add to: Yahoo
    Subcribe to: Newsgator
    Subcribe to: Rojo
    My: NewsBurst
    Disclaimer: Creative Commons
    Previous Post
    Archives
    Links
    As seen on


    SOB