My side of the world and story

Sponsored By
Contributors
Below are readers who have donated to me as a thank you token. If you feel that my post are worth reading, please donate to me at any amount. Thank you.
  • Markp-R
  • Kathy M
  • Russell Gumns
  • Sazali Hassan
  • Evil Monkey
  • Link to me

    Book i read.
    Stats
    Thursday, January 19, 2006
    Do we need another type of search engine?
    Due to popularity of social bookmarking or tagging such as Technorati, Digg, Delicious and more, we can see a new type of search engine. Ok, maybe not but this is only my honest opinion. I will give it a name, maybe tagSE.

    Why must create search engine based on tags? The answer is faster indexing. Normal search engines need to crawl the whole page before it can put you in the list. You can set your Robot.txt not to accept crawler bots but that will hurt your visibility.

    Tagging is much simpler compared to normal search engine procedure. It solely based on short keyword instead of the whole page. This search engine can read from existing tags from Digg,Technorati and such and give it ranks. The popular the tags are, the higher the rank will be. Just like a normal search engines, it will display the most popular result on the top of the list.

    Yes i know, black hat SEO will be jumping around with joy if somebody made tag search engine. Spammer will write a new software to submit million of tags to get a higher pagerank not just from the tagSE but also from normal search engines. Spammers will sell their software to you and they will make more money and leaving you in the risk of getting a ban from search engines.

    Oh well, maybe i'll write my own tagSE if i only have enough time in my hands. At the moment, don't write your spamming software yet cowboy.
    posted by Jamloceng @ 2:11 PM  
    About Me
    Author: About me
    Contact: me
    FeedBurner:
    Add to: Yahoo
    Subcribe to: Newsgator
    Subcribe to: Rojo
    My: NewsBurst
    Disclaimer: Creative Commons
    Previous Post
    Archives
    Links
    As seen on


    SOB