My side of the world and story

Sponsored By
Contributors
Below are readers who have donated to me as a thank you token. If you feel that my post are worth reading, please donate to me at any amount. Thank you.
  • Markp-R
  • Kathy M
  • Russell Gumns
  • Sazali Hassan
  • Evil Monkey
  • Link to me

    Book i read.
    Stats
    Friday, January 06, 2006
    Blogs are menace to search engines?
    A long debate about getting blogs a higher page rank is not new in blogsphere. Some said blogs only for spammers and some said the other way around. I'm going to give you a simple phrase that support blogging and that is "Even A Small Voice Counts".

    Not just in blogsphere but in real life a small voice can make huge impact. I believe that everyone is important in their own way. Take the general election for example. Who rules the country is based on counts and that is the prove even a small voice can make big. So, is it fair to say blog doesn't deserve a good ranking in search engines?

    According to Nick Wilson, some blogs are not worth a peek. I do agree with him but only with blog with no quality but many blogs out there are just great. Below is the list Nick said don't need a peek from search engines:


    * Community blogs
    * News blogs
    * Personal blogs
    * Expert blogs
    * Consultant blogs



    Well, his review about the type of blog was too general. Why a community blogs doesn't deserve a juicy rank from search engines? It is for community and it need a good publicity. I respect his point of view about this but again, even the smallest voice counts. I'm against splog or rubbish blogs and this is the type of blog that doesn't deserve a rank at all.

    But search engines can't stop splog in one night. They need to filter their index list and that normally took about 2 weeks. Before that time-frame, splog will get indexed by search engines.

    Some blogs are trying to make profits from their blogs and getting a good rank in search engines can bring in more money. I don't see anything wrong about the type of blog listed above but splog is a big NO-NO.
    posted by Jamloceng @ 11:02 AM  
    About Me
    Author: About me
    Contact: me
    FeedBurner:
    Add to: Yahoo
    Subcribe to: Newsgator
    Subcribe to: Rojo
    My: NewsBurst
    Disclaimer: Creative Commons
    Previous Post
    Archives
    Links
    As seen on


    SOB