My side of the world and story

Sponsored By
Contributors
Below are readers who have donated to me as a thank you token. If you feel that my post are worth reading, please donate to me at any amount. Thank you.
  • Markp-R
  • Kathy M
  • Russell Gumns
  • Sazali Hassan
  • Evil Monkey
  • Link to me

    Book i read.
    Stats
    Wednesday, December 07, 2005
    Jamloceng FavIcon.
    Nothing fancy just trying to be different. I just put my own FavIcon so my link stand out a little bit. Now, you bookmark my link, this small icon will automaticly inserted into the bookmark.


    The reason i put this icon is because i need to be different and the icon can help me to be one. Sometimes we just over-looked the small things but the small thing can actually help you alot. Just look at major website, they all have their own icon. So what can we learn from this? Get different to get more attention. You can make your own favicon by reading my tips below.

    First create an image with your image editor such as Photoshop, MS Paint or any other image editor. I'm using GIMP; a freeware and powerfull image editor for making my icon. I use GIMP as a replacement for Photoshop to save cost.

    Make sure your image is 16x16 pixel. Just create your image and get fancy with it. Think something that can grab visitors attention. After you have done making your icon, just save it as ico. That is the format for icon. You need to upload the icon to your webhost. Any free webhost work just fine.

    Next thing you need to do is place a small code into your HTML. Make sure you paste it after the <HEAD> and before the </HEAD> tag. Below is the code:

    <link rel="shortcut icon" href="from your webhost" >


    That's it and you now have your own FavIcon.
    posted by Jamloceng @ 12:45 PM  
    About Me
    Author: About me
    Contact: me
    FeedBurner:
    Add to: Yahoo
    Subcribe to: Newsgator
    Subcribe to: Rojo
    My: NewsBurst
    Disclaimer: Creative Commons
    Previous Post
    Archives
    Links
    As seen on


    SOB