My side of the world and story

Sponsored By
Contributors
Below are readers who have donated to me as a thank you token. If you feel that my post are worth reading, please donate to me at any amount. Thank you.
  • Markp-R
  • Kathy M
  • Russell Gumns
  • Sazali Hassan
  • Evil Monkey
  • Link to me

    Book i read.
    Stats
    Tuesday, December 27, 2005
    History of the walkman.
    Nowdays we just love to hook up our iPod or any mp3 player and off we go. But walkman is the first mobile music player.
    The Walkman is a popular Sony brand used by the company to market its portable audio players, and is synonymously used to refer to the original Walkman portable personal stereo player. The original Walkman became famous for bringing about a change in the listening of music, allowing people to carry their own choice of music with them.




    The first Walkman was a transistorized miniature portable cassette tape player invented by Akio Morita, Masaru Ibuka, and Kozo Ohsone, manufactured by Sony Corporation. The first Sony Walkman stereo was sold in 1979. Akio Morita created the name Walkman, and until recently he was also credited with the invention of the personal stereo. However Sony has recently acknowledged the claims of a German inventor, Andreas Pavel, who created and patented a similar device, the stereobelt, in 1977. After court battles, Pavel and Sony came to an out-of-court settlement in 1999.

    The names "Walkman", "Pressman", "Watchman", "Scoopman", and "Discman" are trademarks of Sony, and have been applied to a wide range of portable entertainment devices manufactured by the company. Sony continues to use the "Walkman" brand name for all of these kinds of portable audio devices as well, after the "Discman" name for CD players was dropped in the late 1990s. via Wikipedia.


    At that time, all of us rushing to get Sony walkman. Well, just like kids today rushing to get their iPod. My walkman was stolen back in 97 with my Sepultura album in it. I just bought the album and still enjoying it. I remember the album was Roots Bloody Roots and for me this album is one of my fav album.
    posted by Jamloceng @ 7:45 PM  
    About Me
    Author: About me
    Contact: me
    FeedBurner:
    Add to: Yahoo
    Subcribe to: Newsgator
    Subcribe to: Rojo
    My: NewsBurst
    Disclaimer: Creative Commons
    Previous Post
    Archives
    Links
    As seen on


    SOB