My side of the world and story

Sponsored By
Contributors
Below are readers who have donated to me as a thank you token. If you feel that my post are worth reading, please donate to me at any amount. Thank you.
  • Markp-R
  • Kathy M
  • Russell Gumns
  • Sazali Hassan
  • Evil Monkey
  • Link to me

    Book i read.
    Stats
    Thursday, December 29, 2005
    eBay hacker found guilty.



    An Oregon-based man has pleaded guilty to using a computer worm to launch attacks against Internet auction site eBay. Anthony Scott Clark (21) admitted to "intentionally damaging a protected computer," a crime for which he faces a maximum penalty of 10 years in prison plus a fine of up to twice any losses incurred, as per the US Attorney for the northern district of California. Reportedly in July and August 2003, Clark and his accomplices infected around 20,000 computers with a worm, which in turn allowed them to direct the machines to eBay.com and other Web sites. via TechTree.


    Come on guys, attacking eBay is like driving a car at top speed and hitting a concrete wall head-on. eBay, as we all know set a tight security level to protect their customers. Why? The reason is, they don't want to face a lawsuit from millions of their loyal customers. If a customer decided to sue them with $1 million, image how many lawsuit from the rest. Knocking down eBay by using trojan is a brave move. But inffecting 20,000 computers is another brave move and not a wise move.

    I don't blame Clark entirely because kids nowdays can learn how to hack or code a trojan from the internet...for free. I do understand teenagers just love to try new things and getting on the frontpage is not part of the plan.

    posted by Jamloceng @ 9:12 PM  
    About Me
    Author: About me
    Contact: me
    FeedBurner:
    Add to: Yahoo
    Subcribe to: Newsgator
    Subcribe to: Rojo
    My: NewsBurst
    Disclaimer: Creative Commons
    Previous Post
    Archives
    Links
    As seen on


    SOB