My side of the world and story

Sponsored By
Contributors
Below are readers who have donated to me as a thank you token. If you feel that my post are worth reading, please donate to me at any amount. Thank you.
  • Markp-R
  • Kathy M
  • Russell Gumns
  • Sazali Hassan
  • Evil Monkey
  • Link to me

    Book i read.
    Stats
    Wednesday, December 14, 2005
    Adsense ID got indexed by Google?
    Yes folks, another Adsense post from me and i do hope you don't mind about this tiny post. I've wrote the article several weeks ago but i still need some time to get things straight first. Now that everything is up and going, i'll make this article to the public.

    Several weeks ago, i just got bored and searching the internet for....nothing! Like i just told you, i'm bored but i decided to try looking into the Google search result. The result was making my heart stop beating for a second or two. By using Google strings, you can search almost anything within seconds. Here's the story.

    I was bored and i saw a site with an Adsense on it. So i'm looking at the source code of the site just for fun. Then i copied the Adsense ID ( pub-xxxxxxxxxxxxx ) and just paste it in Google. By using the string "pub-xxxxxxxxxxx" ( yes, you need to add the " signs ), Google showed me several site using the same ID. Meaning that, the Adsense publisher running several sites with Adsense in it. So what is the big news?

    I have a question for you; Do you want your account to be known to your friends or enemy? I guess not. We need some privacy with our streams of income and i do understand that very well. It doesn't matter if he or she is running an illegal site or not but some things better kept secret.

    What if a nutcase decided to click your Adsense like a madman? Yes, you not only lost your income from one site but from all sites. By using the Google syntax, you can easily track who's who. Yes some Adsense publisher hides their site from the public because they don't want the public to copy their Adsense method.

    At the time i wrote this article, Google seems to block search result of Adsense ID's. This is a good news for Adsense publishers as they can play around more with their new-200-site-soon. I never tried this method from other search engines. For me, this is not a magic trick from Google. As we all know the Adsense code is just text and search engines will read from the text and cached it.


    <script type="text/javascript">
    google_ad_client = "pub-xxxxxxxxxxxx";
    google_alternate_color = "ffffff";


    As you can see, the Adsense ID is just a plain text and not in encypted code. It's easy for search engines to index the Adsense ID as well as normal human being. Happy hunting.
    posted by Jamloceng @ 4:59 PM  
    About Me
    Author: About me
    Contact: me
    FeedBurner:
    Add to: Yahoo
    Subcribe to: Newsgator
    Subcribe to: Rojo
    My: NewsBurst
    Disclaimer: Creative Commons
    Previous Post
    Archives
    Links
    As seen on


    SOB