My side of the world and story

Sponsored By
Contributors
Below are readers who have donated to me as a thank you token. If you feel that my post are worth reading, please donate to me at any amount. Thank you.
  • Markp-R
  • Kathy M
  • Russell Gumns
  • Sazali Hassan
  • Evil Monkey
  • Link to me

    Book i read.
    Stats
    Thursday, November 17, 2005
    Down the memory lane?
    To laugh or not to laugh; that is the question. The reason a put up thi post because i was triggered by Franks Sinatra evergreen song. So i said to my self "if i can turn back the time, what can i find from the internet" and guess what ;such a funny stories,web design and such. Thank God we have web archive to play with.

    Do you ever wonder how Google looks like back in 1998? Yup, not a "cool" design but hey, that was in the 90's. What about Bl'ogger.com? Yup, the good old days of bl'ogging. Another grand-daddy in the internet is Microsoft.com and wow..i had a good laugh looking at their "hypies-flower-power" design. That reminds me of my several first site back in 96, simple yet annoying design. Blah...not knowing HTML was the anwser.

    Cnet.com is a world-known techies portal and again i can't stop crying from laughing. Looking at their sponsor banner, it just like yesterday i had the most "powerful" hard drive ever. 'Quantum Fireball 3.28 gig for $349.00" darn, that was the most expensive drive i ever bought. Now, with 40 gig drive you can buy it under $130. See how fast technologies moving towards our imagination? Yup, faster and getting cheaper. Who can forget Netscape.com when we talk about the old-timers. I'll leave it to you to check out their site.

    But wait, what about those irc and IM site? Don't worry, i've put some effort to search for your fav old-time softwares. For mIRC.com, nothing changed much but still amazed me on how fast the technology is moving. MSN Messenger is another IM tool i just forked out.

    IBM.com is one of the most famous site and take a look at their design. I can't do this anymore, i can't stop laughing and smilling. Why not search your old-time-fav site by using this WebArchive. Have fun looking at your own old site that you just hate.
    posted by Jamloceng @ 1:43 PM  
    About Me
    Author: About me
    Contact: me
    FeedBurner:
    Add to: Yahoo
    Subcribe to: Newsgator
    Subcribe to: Rojo
    My: NewsBurst
    Disclaimer: Creative Commons
    Previous Post
    Archives
    Links
    As seen on


    SOB