My side of the world and story

Sponsored By
Contributors
Below are readers who have donated to me as a thank you token. If you feel that my post are worth reading, please donate to me at any amount. Thank you.
  • Markp-R
  • Kathy M
  • Russell Gumns
  • Sazali Hassan
  • Evil Monkey
  • Link to me

    Book i read.
    Stats
    Tuesday, November 29, 2005
    Adsense Conflict.
    After re-read my post Adsense Gain All, my brain just can't stop wondering about it even more. In the post, i was talking about AdBrite and how Adsense Onsite taking one step ahead. I'm seeing this topic as a small publisher not as a big Adsense publisher. Can Adsense Onsite really help small publisher to generate income even more?

    Adsense Onsite is a platform for advertisers to choose with site to advertise on. The reason i bold the word choose is because it just too general. As a small publisher of Adsense, i can't control what ads should be on my campaign. Filtering it only can provide me only a small percentage of control. Looking at Adsense Onsite, i'm facing with a new conflict.

    If i use the filter, will the advertiser sue me or something? Adsense Onsite is a new thing that's why so many question for them to answer. I just received an email from Adsense support team. But the answer still blurry to fully understand it. Below is my email to them.

    Original Message Follows:
    ------------------------
    From: "Jamloceng"
    Subject: Other
    Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 03:43:25 -0000

    Can i control which advertiser that signup with Adsense Onsite? Can i reject the advertiser or it's you who decide? Does the ads relevent to my content?


    Plain question but with a long answer. The reason why i brought up 'Does the ads relevant to my content" was sometimes Adsense ads are not related to my content. Here's the scenario, my content is about Working from home via internet and an advertiser decided to place his ad using Adsense Onsite but his ads got nothing to do with my content. Will the ads keep on showing even if it's not related to my content? Now let us read the reply from Adsense support team below.

    Hello Jamloceng,

    Thank you for taking the time to email us. Our Onsite Advertiser Signup program uses our site targeting feature, which allows advertisers toselect individual sites or groups of sites on which they want their Google ads to run.

    If an advertiser bids to run ads on your site, it's because they've determined a match between what your users are interested in, and what they have to offer. Advertisers can create customized ads for the sites they select, so they can directly message your users in a highly targeted way.

    However, you can use your Competitive Ad filter to prevent ads from specific advertisers from appearing on your site. Please note that all AdWords ads are held to the AdWords Editorial Guidelines (
    https://adwords.google.com/select/guidelines.html ) and Terms and Conditions (https://adwords.google.com/select/TranslatedTermsAndConditions.html ).


    Let us look at the second paragraph shall we. What does this means to us?

    If an advertiser bids to run ads on your site, it's because they've determined a match between what your users are interested in, and what they have to offer.


    As a bl'ogger, i wrote about almost any subject came across my mind. I don't have a specific topic and does this means i'm loosing money from Adsense Onsite? Most probably yes, i'm loosing money. Now back to the main question, can i customize Adsense Onsite bidder? If ( a big IF there ) my content solely on one page, maybe advertisers can place their ads there but what about my mainpage? I'm still waiting for their next answer and i'll get back to you ASAP.
    posted by Jamloceng @ 3:07 PM  
    About Me
    Author: About me
    Contact: me
    FeedBurner:
    Add to: Yahoo
    Subcribe to: Newsgator
    Subcribe to: Rojo
    My: NewsBurst
    Disclaimer: Creative Commons
    Previous Post
    Archives
    Links
    As seen on


    SOB