My side of the world and story

Sponsored By
Contributors
Below are readers who have donated to me as a thank you token. If you feel that my post are worth reading, please donate to me at any amount. Thank you.
  • Markp-R
  • Kathy M
  • Russell Gumns
  • Sazali Hassan
  • Evil Monkey
  • Link to me

    Book i read.
    Stats
    Thursday, October 27, 2005
    Happy Aidilfitri to all
    Today is my last day at the office before i head to KL and Negeri Sembilan for my Aidilfitri ( Eid-Fitri ) celebration. Boy, i felt like just yesterday all the Muslim perform their first fasting. Talk about fasting, i a naughty little rascal back then. At that time maybe i was 8-9 years old. Fasting at that age was pheww...a hard thing to do. In the early morning, Muslims will take their meal ( sahur ). Now, a little 8 years old waking up at 4 a.m is not a good idea. We will kick and bite those who woke us up..same goes for me. I remember waking at that time. My dad have to drag me and sometimes he sprinkle some water at my face. Up and away ( okay, i'm laying ) to take my early meal.

    As a Malay, we love to sit on the floor while taking our meal. Why? Because we're proud to be Malay :P. There i was sitting infront of my meal with my chin on my knee. "Take down your leg and sit properly" my mom said to me. She knew that if i stay at that position, i'll fall asleep again. I can't open my eyes because of the lights so i keep it close. This time my dad shocked my body....hard. "Alaa....nak tido skekkkkk je lagi" i said to him. During that time, i was the earliest to sit infront of my early morning meal but the last to get up. After several minutes, my brother and my sister finallly joined us. "Eeeee.....you don't brush your teeth aren't you?" my busybody sister said to me.

    To my amazement, normally at that time, it's hard for most of us to take heavy meal but that was not a problem for me. "Mak, can i have that fried chicken, roosted beef and some fish please?" i asked my mom. Even my dad doesn't take that much meal. Now the funny part is, i'll sleep during eating and that is why i'm the last to get up.

    Now it's 8 a.m and another several hours before i can break my fast. "Mak, kalau makan sikit boleh tak?" i asked my mom's permission to break early. "No way....you must try to fast this year". Okay, i must admit, fasting is nothing new to me...but i can only fast untill 12 in the noon and then backto bussiness as usuall :). So what did i do to ease the hunger? I watched TV, sleep and sleep some more. Woke up and knowing i just slept for only 20 minutes! Blahhh....such a long day ahead of me. "Haa....what are you thinking you are doing young man?" asked my mom. "But mom, it's already azan" i said while holding a nice cold drink in my both hands. "Helloo...that was azan Zohor not the azan Maghrib" said my mom. For those who don't know, we can only break our fast at Maghrib ( around 7-7.30 in the evening Malaysian time ). Yup, back to sleep some more. Woke up around 4.00 p.m for my daily play-time with friends. Not today, i'm too tired even to lift my finger. "Ne..nnneedd....need some wa..wattt...water". Back to sleep some more.

    "Wakeup, don't you want this nice cold sugarcane drink?" asked my dad. "Uh...what time is it?" i asked him. "It's almost time to break your fast" hearing that, my body felt like a feather. Floating to the kitchen...wow. I put every food i can find into one big plate and i wish i can drink from the jag but my mom said no. After completing our 30 days of fasting, it's time to celebrate Aidilfitri.

    Those are the momories i can't forget and today with my own family, i'll do the same thing to my daughter later on. I have my own family to lead and care. My parents are getting old and i'm going to take their place someday. I don't know if i can "see" Ramadhan next year. I do hope i can "see" Ramadhan next year.

    To all my Muslim readers, i would like to wish you a Happy Aidilfitri and drive carefully during this holiday season. Selamat Hari Raya dan maafkan segala salah silap saya semasa menulis di bl.og ini. To Elizz, Fazli, Ombak, Hakim, Jazz, Fifa, mawar-emas and everybody at SVOA, Selamat Hari Raya.
    posted by Jamloceng @ 2:14 PM  
    About Me
    Author: About me
    Contact: me
    FeedBurner:
    Add to: Yahoo
    Subcribe to: Newsgator
    Subcribe to: Rojo
    My: NewsBurst
    Disclaimer: Creative Commons
    Previous Post
    Archives
    Links
    As seen on


    SOB