My side of the world and story

Sponsored By
Contributors
Below are readers who have donated to me as a thank you token. If you feel that my post are worth reading, please donate to me at any amount. Thank you.
  • Markp-R
  • Kathy M
  • Russell Gumns
  • Sazali Hassan
  • Evil Monkey
  • Link to me

    Book i read.
    Stats
    Tuesday, August 30, 2005
    Burning my own bridge


    Yup, above is Malaysian flag. On 31th August is our independent's day. Merdeka! Merdeka! Merdeka! I'm looking forward to watch the fireworks display tonight. It's gonna be great. I'm a proud Malaysian living in a beatiful country. Talk about being proud, i just got an offline YM from a dear friend of mine.



    Is it true having your own hosting and domain makes you look cool? His brother keep bragging about his own hosting and domain and how it is great to get alot of traffic. For me, having your own hosting and domain for your blog is just as same as i'm using Blogspot. And yes, i do run my own server at home but what's wrong having my journal here?

    For your infomation, i've been online for almost 11 years now and i have couples of my own site. Don't you think this is odd a guy with blog on a free space? Nope...not at all. Having your own hosting and domain not gonna guarantee you a jack. So, talk my hands will ya. To be honest, there's no "fool-prove" in the internet. There's no guarantee you gonna make big unless you were among the pioneers of the internet. I've heard many people making good income from a free hosting and i'm sure you've heard many "i-own-my-own-hosting" going straight to the drain.

    So, what's the catch? Can we blame the host? Can we blame the free-host? This talk has been debated for years and nobody can spill out the concrete answer. Yes i know free-hosting limited your site but can that be the main reason? Free-hosting doesn't allow any fancy "PHP-java-thingy", but again, is that the main reason?

    All the best to those who talk big...and for me, i'm burning my own bridge. There's no turning back and i'm happy with my free-space. Yup, talk is cheap but not as cheap as my free-space. LOL. Selamat Hari Merdeka semoga minda kita merdeka daripada kongkongan yang kita bina sendiri. Can't wait for the fireworks display tonight.


    MERDEKA!
    posted by Jamloceng @ 5:32 PM  
    About Me
    Author: About me
    Contact: me
    FeedBurner:
    Add to: Yahoo
    Subcribe to: Newsgator
    Subcribe to: Rojo
    My: NewsBurst
    Disclaimer: Creative Commons
    Previous Post
    Archives
    Links
    As seen on


    SOB