My side of the world and story

Sponsored By
Contributors
Below are readers who have donated to me as a thank you token. If you feel that my post are worth reading, please donate to me at any amount. Thank you.
  • Markp-R
  • Kathy M
  • Russell Gumns
  • Sazali Hassan
  • Evil Monkey
  • Link to me

    Book i read.
    Stats
    Monday, July 18, 2005
    Compact Layout
    Im kinda bored looking at my "previous post" column. With the long list in vertical order seems to odd. So i hack lil' bit of the source code and making a drop-down menu for the "previous post". I dont know if this hack works with IE or any other browser but it works fine in FireFox. Here we go.

    Previous Post code is:

    /h2 class="sidebar-title">Previous Posts
    /ul id="recently">
    /BloggerPreviousItems>
    /li><$BlogPreviousItemTitle$>
    //BloggerPreviousItems>

    //ul>

    The bolded part being what actually produces the previous posts. Replace the bolded part with the codes below

    /select name="recently" class="dropdown" onchange= "document.location.href=this.options[this.selectedIndex].value;">
    /option selected>- Previous -//option> <--- replace the "//" with "<". You can change the word Previous in this line anything.


    /BloggerPreviousItems>
    /option value="<$BlogItemPermalinkURL$>"><$BlogPreviousItemTitle$>
    //BloggerPreviousItems>
    //ul>
    /select>

    Note: Please replace the "/" in front of the codes with "<"

    Now all of your "previous post" in the menu. Enjoy this hack. A great book on CSS and HTML is from Elizabeth Castro. Using her HTML tutorial is easy to understand.
    posted by Jamloceng @ 9:12 PM  
    About Me
    Author: About me
    Contact: me
    FeedBurner:
    Add to: Yahoo
    Subcribe to: Newsgator
    Subcribe to: Rojo
    My: NewsBurst
    Disclaimer: Creative Commons
    Previous Post
    Archives
    Links
    As seen on


    SOB